A couple of weeks ago I was talking to my aunt about the reasons that I run. She is run/walking to get fit and prepare for her first Color Run! I almost felt a little silly telling her a couple of the reasons, but any runner could understand where I am coming from in saying these things. Here are some commonly known reasons to run that helped get me started:
And here are some reasons I kept going (not in specific order):Waist Trainer σχόλια
- I get to eat more (healthy food)! I love to eat. Anyone who knows me personally knows that I love to eat. But when I do eat, the vast majority of the time, it is healthy food that I am using to nourish my body with. Below is a sample of what I eat in a day after I have breakfast. Twice. Mind you, I eat a huge breakfast of 500-600 calories, then a snack of around 150-300 calories a few hours later. This picture excludes the breakfasts of my day.
- I always have a new goal. Whether it be completing this half marathon (which is my current goal) or setting a new PR (Personal Record) in a 5K. There is always a goal to work towards. I love the ‘SMART’ method of goal setting, it has helped me out tons.
- I feel good about myself when I run. Not only do I get to see how far my body can really take me, but I get to see how far my mind can take me. My running mantra is “Your body can only go as far as your mind will take it.” I also feel better about my body due to the fact that running is a form of weight management. I don’t use it for weight loss because I recognize the fact that I don’t need it.
- I run for God. Running gives me time to pray to God, listen to Jesus music and/or even listen to an audio version of the Bible. I can race for God when I fundraise in order to help others. All of what I do can be for Him if I make a mental note of doing so in His honor. Because I love Jesus more than anything else, all I do should be for Him.
- I run for sweat. I love to sweat. I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I sweat. I love the feeling of being soaked. Everywhere. Tell me that’s gross. Fine. One of the best feelings is to go for a long run, get back home or to the gym, and take a nice long, hot shower.
Why do you run?probolan 50